The Difference Between
Pea Gravel & Crushed Stone
Ready to implement gravel into your landscape? Maybe you’re looking to add gravel to your driveway, backyard, or walkway but you don’t know which kind of gravel to buy. Crushed stone and pea gravel are among the most common and useful gravels to use in landscapes. Though they are very different in their look as well as purpose. If you haven’t already guessed, pea gravel is the smaller of the two gravels. Pea gravel is also smoother, and rounder compared to crushed stone. The colors also vary between the crushed stone and pea gravel. Pea gravel comes in colors such as grey and light reds. Crushed stone comes in brown and red color tones.
- Pathways for sensitive feet: Since pea gravel is a small smooth rock, it is softer on the feet for walkways in your landscape to provide you and your guests with comfort.
- Aesthetic appeal: Pea gravel is visually appealing on any landscape as it provides a clean-cut look in many different colors.
- Foundation: Pea gravel can act as a foundation for landscaping architecture such as patios. Pea gravel acts as an inexpensive foundation.
- Pavers: Crushed stone can provide a high-quality foundation for pavers in your landscape.
- Driveways: Crushed stone can act as durable driveways and can make for great traction for your tires in harsh weather conditions.
If you have any questions about which gravel to use for your project, contact Schlegel Barkdust and Landscape Supplies to get some answers! Our professional employees are the experts in all things landscape supplies including crushed rock. Give us a call today for all your landscaping supply needs!